Let the hair speak up

By Danya Villarosa


The recently held UAAP cheer dance competition once again showed that Iskolars ng Bayan are not afraid to make a statement – a hair statement. But it is not only every UAAP that UPians display different kinds of locks. Whether it is a straight or wavy for boys or bold colored hair for girls, hairstyles often display ones personality. Here are some examples of how UP students strut their locks. 


1.Kick-ASS 2

i
Basti Penayes III
  “My hair is long and messy and has two kick-ass parts: the raven black smooth and silky outer layer and rough vibrant dyed inner layer for rocking.” 

Basti has a gently layered hairstyle around the face while keeping volume at the ends. He maintains his hair by taking a bath daily with Head N Shoulders shampoo and Dove conditioner and participating in Palmolive’s no comb revolution.

2. Long-haired dude

Archie Benedicto

“Honestly, I don’t really attend to my hair. People say that my hair is silky, straight and smooth. It is thick, but not too thick. Some strands have become wavy.”

 You may have a firm grasp of the benefits of the smooth, straight, and sleek hairstyles.. This long style features a clean, soft cutting line that graduates from the mid-back at its longest point. The heavy black color creates a shimmering canvas at the hair. The ends of the hair are with a razor-cut texture and lie gently the back. 

3.  The Long in the Middle Hairstyle

Gelo Arcaya
  “It is soft and dry.”

The style of the hair is cut in Mawhalk but the middle part were kept long and wavy. The tip of the hair remains at a straight cut.

 “I maintain my hairstyle by doing good in class and studying well, loving my friends and family especially my mom, trust and love God. Above everything, take a bath two times a day and apply shampoo three times a week.”

4. Ombre

Licah Ligutom
“I like my golden brown hair because its my self expression of fashion and individuality.”

5.  Chameleon

Rocelle Cadavos
“My hair is like a mood ring. I like changing its color from time to time.”


No comments:

Post a Comment